Canada Permanent Resident
Canada has become a popular destination for immigrants due to the government’s favourable policies and the country’s encouragement of newcomers to settle there. Many have decided to move to Canada due to its immigrant-friendly policies and the promise of a comfortable lifestyle. Aside from this, living in Canada promises job opportunities and the ability to live freely. Permanent Resident (PR) visas are an option for those wishing to emigrate to Canada. With a PR visa, you will be granted permanent status. The term of a PR visa is five years, after which it can be extended. You remain a citizen of your native country, even though you obtain a PR visa.
As a PR visa holder, you can enjoy the following benefits:
- Can apply for Canadian citizenship in the future
- Can live, work and study anywhere in Canada
- Eligible for healthcare and other social benefits enjoyed by Canadian citizens
- Protection under Canadian law
Documents Required For Canada’s Permanent Resident Visa:
These are the following documents that you need to gather before you apply for Canada’s PR Visa:
- Birth Certificate
- Educational Marksheets/Degrees
- Work Experience
- IELTS Certificate
- Bank Statements
- Income Tax Returns
- Passport Copy
- Marriage Certificate
- Provincial Nomination Certificate (if any)
- Job Offer Letter From Canada (if any)
- Medical Report
- Character Certificate
Canada offers different immigration programs through which you can apply for permanent residency status. Among these the most popular are:
- Express Entry Program
- Provincial Nominee Program (PNP)
- Business Immigration Program
- Family class Immigration
- Experience class Immigration
There are main pathways through which one can get a Canada PR Visa. They are as follows
- Express Entry- Launched in 2015, Express Entry is the well-known option through which one can immigrate to Canada. It works in a systematic and efficient manner and proves to be simple for the applicants who are applying for the Permanent Residency for Canada. Under this program, the candidates need to go through the point system as mentioned above to live and work in Canada. The more the points, the better the chance to receive the invitation from the Immigration of Canada.
- Provincial Nomination Program- These programs are held by various Canadian Provinces where they select immigrants and invite them to settle in their Province permanently. The eligibility criteria are different for different Provinces depending on the factors like age, language, work experience, adaptability, etc. By helping them fill positions that are in demand and meet labor shortages in their province, the PNP program enables provinces to fulfill their individual immigration needs.
- Quebec Skilled Worker Program- This program is Quebec’s own PNP Program that allows various immigrants to go and settle in Quebec. The QSWP ensures that you must be proficient in the French language, as it is the first and official language of that Province. The QSWP allows the candidates to work and settle in Quebec based on the skills they have and it is not compulsory to have an offer letter from Quebec’s employer.